Saturday, December 25, 2010

Dear Future Fiance-Husband

Dear Future Husband,

 I can admit that sometimes I wonder, do you really exist?

Every girl has a vision of prince charming since she was young. At the age of three, it usually is somsone who can save her from evil and wake her up from eternal sleep or give "true loves kiss"

In elementary school, he becomes the boy with the least cooties, the one who's willing to cross the playground to share his Zebra Cake even if it makes him a target for the week of all the other boys.

Since high school, I didn't get to go prom nor was I allowed to date, hopefully you can provide me with an experience. Create a prom for just both of us, or also our islamic - married couple friends...but please complete my experience  with photos that we can keep for decades to come and you'll give me a corsage made of orchids.

Nineteen years into this life, i'm still unwilling to give my heart away, I am still that same girl who hopes for her prince charming. And although I wonder at times why is it taking you so long to sweep me off my feet and take me to your palace on horseback... I know that it is probably because meeting you will be better than any fairytale I could've ever read or seen as a kid.

Eventually i'll have a few heartbreaks from my friends but a few years wiser though, I will admit that there are times when I find myself questioning your existence. Because I have yet to meet the guy who makes me hear songs like "All My Life" or "A Whole New World" in my head when I see him does not mean I don't hope that it'll ever happen.

I may already know you or may still meet you someday. Something I leave completely up to Allah(SWT) because i'm positive that our will be epic. Maybe by the time we meet, I won't even have "epic" in my vocab.

But, I can't promise you that I wouldd make the world's most perfect princess. In fact I'll probably keep you on your toes and amuse you with my eccentricities. There are a lot of them. I'll probably steal a bunch of your T-shirts and turn them into my shirt dresses, or drive you slightly mad with my obsessive compulsivity and my need to fix your collar constantly- unless you happen to not wear collars. Hopefully you can wear that Alladin Khurta/Shirt atleast on Fridays & family gatherings.

I can promise to be your best friend ,be that person you can rant to after a rough day, the hand you can hold when you get sad, or the person you can text when situations get awkward. By than, i'll probably have unlimited texting plan on my phone.

I'll probably mess up your hair sometimes and hug you for too long, but that will  only b because I absolutely adore you. I'll bury my head in your shoulder during scary movies and make you feel like superman when you kill those flying cockroaches that really shouldn't exist. I'll wake you up every morning to pray together. I'll make sure you look fresh when Friday comes for Jummah prayers. Can't promise that i'll cook your favorite food every Jummah as my mom does for my father but  I'll cook your favorite food the days you reasonably request it & definitely on your birthday and try my best to make friends with your entire family. It probably will feel so genuine because the love you give to others is what you take. If I can love you, i'm sure I can love your entire family.


Hopefully you'll be able to love my crazy-strict conservative family and understand their lifestyle, in return.

I willl respect your nights out with the boys and make you seem like the perfect guy to my friends. I'll watch basketball or football games with you(or even soccer if you're into that), and not complain when you cheer too loudly at the TV set.

I will know the difference between giving you space and being constantly there for you;;even if it means sitting and playing video games with you or taking hot chocolate runs or go groceryshopping when it rains.

I will listen to your music and we'll go on epic adventures together,seeing the world, taking awesome pictures, eating awesome food, and never running out of things to tell each other along the way. You might get tired of me running my mouth, but as long as you love me... I think that'll be fine.

I won't be waiting for you to sweep me off my feet and take me on a magic carpet ride like Aladdin did for Princess Jasmine, because I know I won't need anything like that to fall for you. I will love you for you.

You will be that someone to make goofy faces with in pictures, to lace fingers with when I'm lonely, and to take long walks under the stars with on the beach. For now I don't mind walking on the beach alone and  hardly anyone can catch me smiling in my pictures but with you it might be different. After all you will be the one that completes me, my character and half of my deen.

You willl be the guy who takes me the way I am and will laugh as I burst into Disney song or pick out pink wallpaper.

You will be that someone I envision a future witth;; us filling out visa forms as we travel the universe, picking out our first dog/persian kitten together and arguing about what to name it, or being snap-happy stage parents in our preschooler's annual mini-plays. &&& I keep hoping that maybe someday when we find each other, you will become that someone whose smile I wake up to in the morning & the last face I speak to every night.

So to the man I know that does exist, and who will help me maybe make sense of the world someday; this Man I can't wait to love.. PLease know that I can't wait to spend the rest and my entire life with you; But for now, I can wait. In the mean while, i'll continue practicing my faith and honoring my dignity/morals.  Fingers crossed and palms held together, I hope that you're out there somewhere, waiting for me, too.

With the hope I will be yours for always(iA),

Meena

No comments:

Post a Comment